Tarot For Life Purpose

Ok, first of all... what the heck does that mean? "Reach for the Stars!" Try my best? Go outside my comfort zone? Become a singer in a punk-rock band?? Ugh! What is MY purpose?

Are you struggling to know too? I know I am! Every time I think I have everything figured out, life surprises me, and I'm thrown for a loop again. I find myself laying in bed at night, staring at the ceiling, and asking, "WHO am I?" It's frustrating.

But, the truth is, it's OK to not know. It's OK to wonder, to question, in fact... take a moment to celebrate the sheer beauty of not knowing exactly why you're on this planet or which direction to take your life in. Not knowing can be exciting too. It means you can try new things, feel out situations, and constantly be in a state of wonder and question your existence.

Then, after you do that for awhile... it's kind of normal to come back to square one and ask, "OK, but am I really living my life the way I should be or want to be? To my highest potential? With purpose?"

BUT, once you're OK with not knowing, suddenly knowing will start to become easier.

AND remember that, at some point, just when you think you have it all figured out, you may find yourself back in a state of not knowing again.

So, How Can Tarot Help?
Well, Tarot can help answer any question we have and to tap into our intuition and guides/higher self to get an answer. So it's pretty powerful to pose some big life questions to the cards!

Before you begin, close your eyes, and ASK your higher self and/or guides to help you find some answers on your life journey, to guide you on your life's path, and to live in accordance with your life purpose.

Next, TRUST that your higher self and guides will only bring through positive messages of encouragement. Any seemingly negative cards pulled during this exercise should be viewed positively.

Then, let's ask some powerful QUESTIONS. Here are some ideas (pull a card for each):
  • Who Am I?
    Let the card you choose sum up who you are at the very essence of your being. Use your intuition to guide you, because your intuition knows. Are you a 3 of Cups type person (possibly you gravitate toward people and want to make others happy)? Are you the Tower? Do you like to bring chaos and excitement to your life by constantly pushing the boundaries? Did you get 3 of Swords? This doesn't mean that you're a sad, brokenhearted person, but more likely that you feel emotions deeply and want to prevent sadness in others.
  • What is My Most Defining Characteristic?
    Similar to the first question, this card and your interpretation can help pinpoint exactly which trait helps define who you are. Is it the 9 of Cups? This may mean that you are generally content with life and have a happy-go-lucky attitude.
  • Which Obstacles Keep Me From My Life's Path?
    I've actually gotten 9 of Cups for myself for this draw. When it comes to this question, that card might mean that I'm easily bored or that my life is too stable, and I need to stir things up a bit!
  • What is the Outcome or Next Step?
    This question can help you decide what your path should be. It may direct you to a new type of work or a new project that's more aligned with the previous answers you've come up with. Again, did you get a 3-of-sword type card? Trust that this doesn't mean you're destined to be brokenhearted for the rest of your life, but that perhaps you're meant to counsel others, overcome sadness in your life, or give hope. Remember to look for the positive.
After you've answered these questions, you should have a stronger sense of what your life purpose is. But, believe it or not, it can change or transform as you grow and change. So, trust your intuition and how each situation feels. Discovering your life purpose doesn't necessarily mean you have to turn your entire life upside down (unless you want to!), but it might be useful to pursue a new project or hobby that aligns with this deeper sense of who you are. You may just find that, before you know it, you've made connections and changes in your life to completely re-align yourself with your soul's purpose!

Listen to our podcast about using Tarot for life purpose and to hear some sample readings and listener questions.