My Favorite Tarot Resources

Here is a quick list of my Top 5 Tarot Resources, PLUS a review of the Biddy Tarot Community, which I adore!

The Fool's Dog Apps

I am not ashamed to admit that I absolutely LOVE my Tarot apps. I don't typically use them for client readings, but I absolutely keep them handy for journaling on the go and previewing new decks I may eventually want to buy in hard copy (see their FREE Tarot Sampler apps). You can also enter external readings in the app to make pretty graphics for social media or journaling print-outs.

Tarot Readers' Academy

The TRA is wonderful! First of all, I'm just a huge fan of Ethony, who I believe coordinates this site. (She graciously agreed to try and share my journal on her IG page). There are many paid classes on this site, but there are free ones too!

YouTube (& Podcasts)

Ethony, mentioned above, has fantastic YouTube videos (her channel here). Also, search YouTube for "tarot channel" (here) for some other wonderful readers' ideas and teachings! Some favorites include: Intuitive Tarot by Nicholas, Brigit Esselmont (of Biddy Tarot), Alexandra Tarot, etc.!

Facebook Groups

I'm a big fan of ours, of course (Willows East Group), but I also like Tarot, Tarot, Tarot, Tarot Marketplace, Healing Light Tarot, Lenormand and Cartomancy, Tarot Visual Journaling, etc.! Some groups are busy, but if you find a Tarot buddy to connect with, it can be very useful!

BONUS Resource

Don't forget that your very own journal and your own intuition are your best resources. Trust your own feelings about your cards, write down your ideas, and refer back to them!


Biddy Tarot Site and Community

I've been a long-time fan of the Biddy Tarot site and podcast (scroll to the bottom of her main page for FREE resources, blog posts, and links to the podcasts). Brigit has been an inspiration to me on my Tarot journey. She was the first reader/teacher I found who told me that I didn't have to go by the book, and that I could form my own unique journey and relationship with the Tarot.

I recently joined the Biddy Tarot Community for the reduced rate of $19. I love this community, but there are a few things that you should know before you join. Here are my Pros and Cons!

Pros

  • The Free Tarot Reading Exchange -- I received an incredible FREE reading! The Free Tarot Reading platform is now live and has a very intuitive platform for conducting free readings outside of the forum.
  • The Forum -- Wonderful people, great advice, TONS of information, support, encouragement, etc.!
  • Message System -- Easy messaging system to help you connect privately with other members who are working toward similar Tarot goals
  • Tarot Buddies -- The site has a simple system to alert others that you're looking for a Tarot buddy or study partner.
  • Private -- Once you're in the community, all your posts and messages are private within the group. You feel like you're locked into your own little Tarot village with friends and family.
  • Webinars -- You get access to Brigit's webinars for free (typically a ~$50 fee per webinar). You are live with Brigit in a go-to-meeting setting, and you can see her and interact with her via chat (similar to Periscope). This is an efficient way to learn about Tarot in a virtual classroom setting, with peers and other teachers contributing to the discussion.
  • Friends -- I've made some wonderful friends here in the last few weeks! I joined at the beginning of June.
  • Cost -- I list this as both a Pro and Con. As a Pro: since this is a paid community, you have people in this group who want to be there, who aren't likely to cause drama, and who are dedicated to helping others learn.

Cons

First of all, there aren't many. I'm a fan of the community and plan to continue to join each month as long as I can afford it! Which brings me to my first con:
  • Cost -- I suspect Brigit will offer more deals in the future, but the regular cost to join the BTC is $29/month (discount for an annual subscription). If you compare it to other entertainment and socializing costs, it's about the same as going on a movie date or an outing with friends for dinner and drinks. So, personally, I think it's more than worth it. However, we can't always afford that extra $30 each month. I suspect I'll end up joining for the month when there's a Webinar that looks interesting, etc.
  • Speed/Access -- For me, the site is very slow, and I often can't log in during early morning hours EST. Now, this is an Australian-based site, and I'm accessing it from the U.S., so that could be why. It doesn't really affect forum or messaging use, but there are other similar sites out there that are speedier.
  • Time -- I feel that, personally, being involved in this site requires a certain level of time and dedication. To get the most out of it, you will want to log on regularly (at least every 1-2 days) to complete free practice readings for others, connect with your Tarot buddy, participate in the Tarot Challenges, and check your BTC inbox. Of course, you're not required to log on at all, BUT keep in mind that you get out of it what you put into it, so you may want to be prepared to give more of your time to get free readings and support in return.
I've concluded that I think it's worth it to be a part of this community as much as possible. If you're new to Tarot, it's definitely worth trying it for at least a month to see if you find it useful on your journey. The Pros more than outweigh the Cons. Yes, there are other similar sites and forums out there that are free and speedier, but you will not get the same level of attention and support as you do from this community.